Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Blogger seems more advanced than Xanga...


I am currently fulfilling my academic destiny and applying to PhD programs. My better half and I have both been out of the game for a while, and are applying to different programs at schools together. Two body problem alert! I have already been accepted to school A. I really like it there and they seemed to want me. MBH has not heard from school A yet (later app deadline), but has an interview at school B, boasting a better reputation and warmer weather. Everyone assumes we are moving there already. But just this week we both received interviews to school C- 2 hours from school B, but in the middle of nowheresville.   I am not as excited about school C, but MBH has received excellent feedback from faculty there.

The uncertainty is driving me crazy. Part of me wants to tell program A that I'm waiting for MBH's acceptance, and see if they can work some interdepartmental magic on his behalf. Then I can be done with the whole thing and focus on finding housing hundreds of miles away. 

I'm already worrying about whose career to put first, and we're just beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment